Mission...

OUR MISSION...



"To mobilize our group of professional artists to work with students and artists in different communities in Japan. Through the teaching and practice of the performing arts, Artbridge Japan Collaboration 2010 will endow the students with the tools necessary to flourish within the larger community of artists and civic leaders, enabling these students to become capable and empowered voices for change."

Friday, August 27, 2010

YTJ Experience...


This is a video of the dance I choreographed for the students at YTJ (Youth Theater Japan) titled "Free my soul". We literally had 2 and 1/2 hours to learn it...This was taken two days ago and since then we have had one rehearsal and they look great now. Even though some of them are incredibly nervous I am happy to have given them this opportunity to perform. Some of them are not in the show "High School Musical" that is being performed tomorrow so this is their only chance. Also. I was only supposed to use the six dancers that you see featured here in the dance, however because I am stubborn I fought to use everyone equally. I think they are doing a great job...tell me what you think!

1 comment:

  1. John and I were impressed. What a wonderful opportunity for all of them, and you guys.
    You did a great job with them. Amazing they only had 2 1/2 hours to learn it! Wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete